Possible Extension - Thought Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Firstly, my reason for asking this is that I appreciate tradesmen are very busy, so before I take advantage of free quotes, I want to make sure I'm not wasting anyone's time.

We have a conservatory on the back of the house, 3m x 3m which is lovely, but usual conservatory issues with temperature etc.
Current conservatory finishes about 6 inches short of the gable end wall, and about 3 foot short of the party wall.

What I would like to do is remove the conservatory and add a 'proper' extension. We have a garden that is on the smaller size, so wouldn't like to build out further than 3 to 3.5m, but I would like the width to go to the legal limits without any party wall issues and staying within the permitted development rules. We currently have a upvc external door and window from the kitchen to conservatory which I would remove and make open plan. I would like a tiled roof that simply slopes from the house to the end of the extension.

I would love to get an idea of costs for building the shell and roof up to making it water tight. I am confident doing/arranging the internals myself. The main house is a 1995ish end terrace brick and tile house, nothing fancy and not in any special area.

Very approximately, what sort of cost might I be looking at for a single storey, 3.5m wide x 3.5m long brick and block extension, with single pitch tiled roof to be built up to being watertight? I would like a side window (woodland on that side so no neighbours) and 3m wide unfolding doors on the end into the garden. I'm in Norfolk.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I will give you a starting guess at £15k to £20k

Add £5k for internals.

If your extension is 3.5m wide (looking at it from the back garden) you'd be hard pushed to get 3.0m patio doors in - more like 2.4m. max.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back