boiler in conservatory

rt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a conservatory to back of the house. I would to go 3m out from the house and 3.8m wide, stopping just before the kitchen window. However the boiler which was only replaced a year a go would vent into the conservatory.Can the boiler be moved onto the outside wall in the conservatory and vent through the roof or to the side, does this need planning permission ect.

Sponsored Links
Last couple I have done,

One straight flue across conservatory, its how they wanted it? (to get the maximum length.

One was moved to outside inside the conny and thru the roof but the terminal looked like a rocket sitting on the roof.

We had no issues with either from planning or BO as long as the guide lines are followed and any decent plumber will tell you want they are, Corgi reg'd of course.

Don’t see any problem with that as long as you follow the regs. regarding the proximity of the flue vent to opening windows/doors; but obviously a job for Mr CORGI or Mr OFTEC.

Can't the flue just go out into the conservatory, then bent vertically and out the roof? I've seen this done many times

It will save moving the boiler but best ask someone from the gas forum

Sponsored Links
Trouble with putting a 90 degree bend on is you lose 1m off the length, IIRC the max for a lot of boilers is 3m, one bend out thru wall =2m, so if you then put one more on you lose the ability to get thru the roof because your left with 1m.

Hence one customer having a straight flue from house wall to conservatory wall and the other relocating outside to allow the flue to travel straight up thru roof using the full 3m including the terminal.

But dont just take our word for it, get a corgi reg'd guy out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back