Conservatory help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a conservatory on the back of my house, now I'm after a bit of advice, the conservatory is going to be 3.5m x 2.8m. Would I need to get a conservatory upvc manufacturer to give me drawings of the brickwork for the dwarf wall sizes with the French doors width,height of brick work etc? Or is it a case of getting the brickwork done off the bricklayer and then get the conservatory manufacturer make it to fit the brickwork, if that makes sense? Thanks for any input it's appreciated

Sponsored Links
It is very difficult even for the best bricklayers to build an angled conservatory with accurate dimensions and angles. It's OK if all the site is dug out allowing easy measurement within, but normally this does not happen, and the tape can't be stretched across.

A template or the actual cill profile is normally the best way to ensure that the wall matches the frame.

It's dangerous to try and match a frame to a wall, as you can then end up with poxy bits of make up pieces or awkward looking frame sections, or misaligned cills

If the conservatory is rectangular, then it may be OK, but work to known frame section sizes

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back