Possible new drug to treat Covid

Sponsored Links
Millions of Indians disagree with you. Google it. India is not full of Trumpists, they are not antivaxxers, their doctors are not nutters

there are no reliable sources to back up that Ivm works.

Large scale non scientific anecdotal evidence is not proof

t i cant help your naivety in thinking that this is not all about the billions in profits that is being made from covid

that’s a constant cry from the anti vaxxers.

Ellal must be screaming it in his sleep.

but still no evidence.

Sure pharmas are making money from Covid, but that’s opportunism, not some massive conspiracy

Sponsored Links

Oh, Gas, you are barmy.

You have no reputable sources. Only the rantings of swivel-eyed loons.

Your link to the World Health Organisation makes no mention of your favourite horse-worming pills. I presume you have not read it.

But it does say:

"People without signs of COVID-19 are urged to get vaccinated and follow COVID-appropriate behaviours to prevent transmission in rural areas of India’s most populated state."

Oh, Gas, you are barmy.

You have no reputable sources.

Your link to the World Health Organisation makes no mention of your favourite horse-worming pills. I presume you have not read it.

But it does say:

"People without signs of COVID-19 are urged to get vaccinated and follow COVID-appropriate behaviours to prevent transmission in rural areas of India’s most populated state."
oh deary deary me read the articles it tells you what was in the medical kits that the WHO were involved in issuing and all the numbers are there in how a state with a population around 4 times the size of uk`s reduced rates to levels the UK can only dream about

Now i wonder how different it actually is to ivermectin
One seems to work, one doesn't.
That WHO article finally explains why the positive case numbers dropped off so much. And it's probably not Ivermectin. :D:D:D

There was a wave of test and isolate activity where they ran a lot of tests. Test and isolate is very effective.

But doing surge testing also means that by definition you're doing more tests at that time than normal. Who wants to bet the number of tests performed was massively less in the period after the teams had moved on? It's the Trump approach to disease suppression, test less and have fewer cases.

Recently Indian press touted that Uttar Pradesh, India’s most populous state with about 230 million people was nearly COVID-19 free. An amazing accomplishment chronicled by TrialSite—a heroic public health story demonstrating how organized, proactive testing, early care, and quarantines contributed to overcoming an outright scary Delta variant-based surge from April to May of this year. The proactive use of Ivermectin, included in a home health care kit, showed to be instrumental in combating the incredibly virulent and transmissible strain of SARS-CoV-2. Public health workers made continuous visits to homes in villages and districts across the state, proactively testing and treating the condition immediately, including household contacts. Even the World Health Organization (WHO) praised the effort, yet omitted the use of Ivermectin—a scandal. Now Microsoft News (MSN) posted the story for the world to read, digest and hopefully understand.

oh deary deary me read the articles it tells you what was in the medical kits that the WHO were involved in issuing and all the numbers are there in how a state with a population around 4 times the size of uk`s reduced rates to levels the UK can only dream about

You are barmy.

"Some people in India do it" is no evidence that it works.

Self-medicating and the hysterical use of inappropriate drugs have caused many unnecessary deaths.

https://www.ft.com/content/62342a95-41a1-432f-9bcc-58d344bdcc4f

"Under the intense pressure of the second wave, doctors have prescribed a laundry list of medications including steroids and antibiotics for people with mild symptoms. Local governments in India have also sent out conflicting messages on which medications to take, sometimes going against global convention. For example, several Indian states are distributing antiparasitic drug Ivermectin as a prophylactic treatment for Covid-19, despite warnings from the WHO against using it. Others have included antibiotics and steroids in home Covid-19 care packs. Leena Menghaney, a public health lawyer, said many people are self-medicating with antibiotics, raising the risk of antibiotic resistance."
(May, 2021)

despite warnings from the WHO against using it

Personally I hate people just dropping in links or unattributed quotes without commentary. It always feels troll-like when they clearly can't be bothered to explain what it means or why we should read them.

one day yous will wake up and realise that its all about profits corruption and bribery

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n747

" By June 2020, it had been added to the treatment guidelines of Bolivia, Guatemala, and Peru,3 on the basis of a since retracted preprint by the discredited company Surgisphere and popular demand."

DISCREDITED.

so i wonder why the US government approached merck and not the hundreds of other drug manufacturers especially the big half dozen involved in the production of the vaccines surely they would have been the first port of call with all the research they must have done into covid .
But no they approach a company who just happen to have an existing drug that is getting used around the world to treat it endorsed or not
guess they just stuck a pin in a list and said they will do

Sponsored Links
Back