Possible relaxation of MOT testing frequencies.

Yes, I think that's inevitable. However, I'm not 60 yet and I don't know that I'll even still be driving by the time the last few ICE vehicles dry up. I suspect I might not care! This is going to take a good while. My hope, is that if enough people "do the decent thing" where climate change is concerned, we will still be able to use our "classic" cars sparingly - much like the handful of preserved steam trains aren't a big environmental problem, as long as electric ones do the bulk of the "everyday" transport. Smart meters will, I'm sure, be able to "tax" electricity used for charging EVs so that the overall revenue to the exchequer remains the same. Or indeed, it's looking like tyre and brake particulates are going to be the next big thing, environmentally, so perhaps they'll just whack a huge tax on tyres instead? It's anyone's guess, really!
You are 18 years behind me then, so your slant on the situation is even more to the point for me ;)
We don't run a modern car ourselves, the 5series BM 'daily' is 24yo & covered 4.5K miles over the past year, the 35yo Range Rover manage less than 1K. At least insurance is cheap even if the fuel isn't.

Just got to roll with the punches I guess, regardless of 'who' is in power.

Sponsored Links
What is it you actually want, then? Ac conventional ICE car that's as simple as a Series 3 Landrover to work on, as economical as an EV, an unlimited supply of petrol or diesel, and some fairies to clean up the pollution after you?
Hardly.

I'd prefer a fair transition worldwide without the political posturing.

From a purely selfish point of view I want to continue using the ICE till I die because that's what I'm interested in. I hope I can.

Hardly.

I'd prefer a fair transition worldwide without the political posturing.

From a purely selfish point of view I want to continue using the ICE till I die because that's what I'm interested in. I hope I can.
And what would "a fair transition worldwide without the political posturing" look like, to you?

Sponsored Links
Back