Possibly replacing electric shower, what other works reqd?

First of all it has no provision for RCD protection to your shower which is required by the regs.
I have a seperate unit/switch on the board for the shower rated 30ma with a 30 amp fuse in, shower I am looking at putting in says "We recommend the inclusion of a 30mA residual current device (RCD). This may be part of the consumer unit or a separate unit" so it looks like I have that covered

"The appliance requires a 40 Amp supply fuse" could someone explain this for me

More like 4.0mm².

maybe 6.0mm² at a push, but I don't think so.
Will measure it tonight but would say it looks more like 10mm

Punky - please just click here - you are way out of your depth.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link and your helpful email, already booked a sparky who seems like a helpful bloke not an ignorant **** like you

Ignorant?

I think not - I actually know a great deal. I know hugely more about this topic than you do.

And I know that if you don't understand "The appliance requires a 40 Amp supply fuse", and if you have no idea what cable sizes mean, and if you have no idea about the difference between fuses, MCBs and RCDs then you are nowhere near competent enough to DIY the installation of a new CU and a new circuit.

As for your insult - do you always abuse people who don't tell you what you want to hear?

Sponsored Links
I never once said I was knowledgeable in electrics, hence why I am asking questions on a DIY website, is that not what these forums are for???

As for your ignorance whilst I cannot argue with your knowledge in this subject, I was not referring to that but your communication skills certainly leave a lot to be desired

And no I do not insult people if they say something which I do not like to hear, but to say not constructively you are out of your depth, rather than for example this would be above the ability of a DIY due to x and y needing to be replaced, you get the idea???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back