ELECTRIC SHOWER INSTALLATION

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
everyone.

I want to fit a 10.5kw electric shower. I have a new consumer unit with an unused MCB rated at 40 amps. The shower I'm thinking of needs 10mm cable. I already have a 40 amps 30mA RCD which I can add to the shower circuit.

My question is... will a 40 amp MCB and 40 amp 30 mA RCD be OK for use with a 10.5kW shower which uses 10mm cable?

Sponsored Links
Could you confirm the end to end distance and the method of cable run.

Cable run method needs to be clear, so will it be surface all the way, buried in plaster, set in a empty stud wall, set in a stud wall with insulation, run via a loft with insulation etc..

Hi. The wire is going to be bare all the way....it will run up on the outside of an internal wall, go through the ceiling and into the loft. It will run on the TOP of the loft insulation and connect to a remote, wireless shower unit which will live in the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back