post bracket that can withstand horizontal forces

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old garden wall, 1.5 meters tall by 25 meters long. I would like to add 0.5 meters high trellis on top of the wall. The wall is very old and I would not like to support the trellis on the wall or on the solder course. I am thinking supporting the panels on posts, using ground mounted post brackets. Part of the ground is soil and part is concrete pavement. The posts installed on soil would be easy and solid; I will dig a deep hole fill it with concrete and fix the metal post bracket in it. The part of the garden with the concrete pavement is my problem since the pavement is only 5cm deep and I am not sure if attaching the post brackets with bolts will hold.

I would like to install the posts just next to the wall without any attachments on the wall, only ground mounted. If possible, provide some extra support on the wall, apart from supporting the trellis. I do not want the posts to flex from the wind and damage the wall from smashing on it when it is windy.

In few words, I want a concrete ground mounted post bracket that can withstand horizontal forces.

I am thinking to drill through the concrete pavement and hammer in the holes 30cm threaded rods that will go through the 5cm pavement and 25cm deep in the soil underneath; I would also pour some resin in the holes in the concrete when installing the threaded rods. Then I would attach the posts brackets on the threaded rods with bolt nuts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back