posts going missing. an opinion

B

breezer

a mod deletes a post for what ever reason he / she sees fit.

The mod can not leave a reason as to why it was deleted because there is now nowhere for a mod to leave a reason. (if they felt like leaving a reason)

They can't start a post because as a mod they see the same as you and I do, and a
icon_delete.gif
which deletes the post and another for the whole topic. They can also see a
icon_edit.gif
on everyones post. But the one thing they can't do is Start A Post (well not as a mod) Unless they have 2 logins, one as themselves and another as say mod 97.

And since if you choose to "complain to admin if you are not happy" you will be wasting your time. I suggest you dont bother complaining just lump it. (or the mod if you can find him :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
The mod can not leave a reason as to why it was deleted because there is now nowhere for a mod to leave a reason. (if they felt like leaving a reason)

They can't start a post
You seem to be getting confused between a post and a topic.

Forum: A thing containing one or more topics.
Topic: A thing containing one or more posts.
Post: A thing containing one or more words, all attributed to only one forum member.
Word: A thing you struggle with.

as a mod they see the same as you and I do
Please rest assured that I don't see anything in the same way that you do.

hmmm im a mod myself on 2 other foums if i remove a post i always
pm the member to tell them why

takes a few seconds :oops:

Sponsored Links
Well - the mods here are characterised by an absolute refusal to ever explain their actions, and they interpret even civil questions asking them to explain as "abuse", and if you ask them more than a few times for an explanation you get banned.

Overall their attitude is very similar to the common autocratic/dictatorial regime one of "we never make mistakes".

What they don't see, or if they do see what they don't care about given their power and the contempt for posters that they regularly display, is that such behaviour does not engender respect for them, or their rules, or their decisions.

And as oppressive regimes the world over show it is possible to govern and control without the respect of your subjects, but that doesn't make it a good way to behave.

I have been a mod on a much larger site, phpbb2 type too.
If contentious we used to split the posts and move them to a separate dustbin forum so that if needs be they could be shown for exactly what they were. then cleared out at the end of the week etc.
That too took only seconds, although plain deleting took even less time :D

Back