Poterton Profile not firing up in the morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year two days before Christmass we had a similar problem, of our Poterton Profile boiler was not firing up in the mornings. The main circuit board and fan were replaced. Now approaching Christmas again we are suffering similar problems. I tried turning the thermostat up and down in the hall before finally pressing the reset button on the boiler and hey presto, it fires up fine. My wife seems to think it happens when it is cold outside???

Regards Jasper

Sponsored Links
I assume this is the o/h stat which you reset by pushing upwarsds from underneath?

If so then the problem is that the boiler is overheating.

There is a possibility if its only at the beginning of the day that the pump sometimes fails to start turning. I would be checking that for free running and torque.

However there can also be many other causes including the PCB.

Tony

I had this proplem on a g/worm ultimate , not firing of a morning,but ok any other time of day and it had me baffled i went out there when it was meant to come on of a morning and it tried to ignite but wouldnt,anyway what it was,the gas valve was sticking overnight due to the cold wheather and needed time to free up ,what i tried was have it timed to come on through the night for 10 min every hour or two.I went back and it was perfect

Sponsored Links
Hi guys thank you for your replies. I turned the boiler down from 5 to 4 and turned the hot water to twice instead of constant(the wife leaves it on constant). the pump is I think IS on full. The thermostat is on 20 and the boiler was still on this morning. I THINK it may shutdown during the night when it gets very hot and cannot cope with keeping the temperature up? only speculation ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back