FIRING UP Potterton profile boiler 40e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Profile 40e which had a new fan installed about 18 mths ago. I have just had all the valves on rads replaced and 1 new rad installed. When all was installed and started the boiler seem to come on for a short time, but has not fired up since. The fan is working ok - just no fire!
I have checked for the reset button on the base - nothing. I have tried switching off/on several times.

Seeing snow this morning has me very concerned. Can you help??
:(

Sponsored Links
If you had the radiator valves fitted by a CORGI registered person then its odd that he could not deal with the boiler.

There are many issues which can be involved. Hopefully its just air in the system. You might be able to bleed the pump.

There could be a blocked feed pipe or a boiler fault may have coincidentally occured but thats less likely.

Tony

Check for an air bleed valve next to the HW cylinder.

Next check your pump is spinning.

If above ok, check there is water in the F & E tank.

Turn off HW, close bypass valve, turn off all rads bar one, turn pump onto fastest speed the turn on ch and see if this will push air lock out.

Hopefully you will hear a lot of gurgling, then the rad gets hot.

If this works, carry on with each rad in turn.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back