Potteron Performa 24 combi system. No hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could do with a little bit of help here please people. I've got a Potterton Performa 24 combi system and I get lukewarm water from the taps. Rads work fine. I would turn the tap on and the water would slowly increase to a temperature of around 30oC for about a second and the go back down to 20oC. This has been happening for a few months. I can remember noticing the problem a bit after someone came in to sort out a leak from the boiler. He ended up fixing an expansion vessel to the boiler. Cowboy? I don't know, maybe you guys could help me there. I've read the manual and the boiler is not showing any automatic signs of faults and all the knobs are turned to the correct position I know nothing about this stuff so you'll have to explain it to me in Layman's terms.

Sponsored Links
What flow rate have you got?

What temp is the incoming cold?

The flow rate is normal I guess. I doesn't judder or stop start. The cold water flow rate is more powerful than the hot water but It's always been like that from what I recall. The cold water is of a normal temperature as well. 10oC and lower at a guess.

This boiler is designed to give 10lt/min at 35°C rise approximately.

Basically does it get hotter the slower the flow of water?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back