Potterton Performa 24 not striking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Thanks in advance for any help - I have a Potterton Performa 24 which is playing up. The boiler is not striking automatically when either a hot tap is turned on, or the thermostat calls for heat. However, once there is a call for heat from either circuit and the boiler is turned off and on again it will fire up and run reliably.

My wife tells me going to the boiler cupboard to power cycle it every time you run a hot tap or want warm radiators isn't a long term solution.... :) Any suggestions?

Pressure in system is fine, DHW pressure differential valve appears to operate correctly.

M.

Sponsored Links
Hi what was the issue when the boiler engineer came in the end? I have the same problem. No hot water or heating when boiler on as fire is not igniting. No flame failure. Switch it on and off and then it starts to work..: no good as you say.... called an engineer... says it’s working fine and he can’t guess at what part to replace .... goes away.... few days later, it breaks down completely with a really loud humming noise in the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back