potterton 24 performa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a potterton 24 performa 3 yr old when i turn on hot tap boiler ignites burner flares up for about 10 seconds then goes out but flares up again it does this for around 5 mins running hot then cold after 5 mins it is ok. as anyone got any ideas wot causes this ,i have changed flame sensor

Sponsored Links
MAY BE THE AIR PRESSURE SWITCH CLICKING IN AND OUT, CHECK THE VENTURI IN THE FLUE CONNECTION FOR DIRT EVEN A SMALL AMOUN CAUSES PROBLEMS

MOD

see item 6

YOUR DOMESTIC PLATE HEAT EXCHANGER IS BLOCKED WITH SLUDGE/SCALE ON THE PRIMARY SIDE, THIS IS NORMALLY DUE TO LACK OR INADEQUATE FLUSHING ON INSTALLATION.

MOD

see item 6

Sponsored Links
after 5 mins it is ok.
points to the air dept rather than the sludge, I think. Easy enough to test - any corgi will know how.

It will have sludge of course..

Touching the air pressure switch and venturi are jobs for a CORGI engineer as they are gas safety devices.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back