Potterton Performa - Not Performing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Performa 24 HE combi has a hot water problem.

If I have the heating on, and then try to run some hot water, the boiler locks out. It then takes a few attempts at resetting to get the boiler/flame back on. Also, the hot water takes ages to come through, and the tap really needs to be open completely to get the hot water.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If what you have described is really correct then I dont remember encountering that problem before.

That includes YOU resetting by rotating the control knob anticlockwise for three seconds.

There will always be a delay of many seconds before the boiler flame comes on because the CH temperature is higher than required for hot water delivery.

Try turning the CH temperature down a bit and see what the effect is then.

Tony

If what you have described is really correct then I dont remember encountering that problem before.

That includes YOU resetting by rotating the control knob anticlockwise for three seconds.

There will always be a delay of many seconds before the boiler flame comes on because the CH temperature is higher than required for hot water delivery.

Try turning the CH temperature down a bit and see what the effect is then.

Tony

Thanks Tony. You advised on an identical sounding fault 5 years ago! You can be forgiven for not remembering.

They didn't post about how it was resolved, so do you think that this old post gives a possible solution to my problem?

Changing the CH control doesn't have any affect.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30838

That old post was about a completely different fault with an obvious likely cause.

Unfortunately so many people take our advice but never return to thank us or tell us what the fix was.

Tony

Sponsored Links
1 question do you live in hard water area
if yes seen this before
build up limscale can cause hot water not move quick enough to push diaverta and can also cause the lockout as water may become over heated and over heat stat kicks in
if you in soft water area then i would be stumped without looking

Yes adl, I haven't changed my profile yet, but I have moved to Bristol. Its a very hard water area.

Water is very hot to start with, then cools a bit, then completely cold, by which time the flame failure light has started flashing. The boiler tries to restart (ie. burner on light comes on briefly), then back to flame failure light.

Heating runs OK. And, flow is really good from hot taps.

When you say you have seen this before, was it on a Potterton?

Thanks for your help, and Agile.

Do you have any leaking hot water taps or a toilet cistern?

Tony

Do you have any leaking hot water taps or a toilet cistern?

Tony

it can build up anyware i suggest u have some one have look at it and consider get limescale remove added

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back