Potterton 105 e hot water keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,newbie here sorry if it has been covered but my 105e when turning on the hot water runs for approx 20 secs then goes cold for about 10 then kicks back into hot ,the central heating seems to be beahaving ,
Changed the diverter valve diaphragm and temperature sensor and the pcb board after reading on forums.now it seems like relay rl1rt is clicking in and out and the flashing led is for the central heating sensor .
Any help would be appreciated as have 2 young children in the house
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok, what forums have you read? Let's start from the beginning.

Yes. When have these parts been changed? For a similar fault? I'm giving you free advice please bare with me I can't see your boiler.

All today
We had insurance from Scottish power whom I feel they are not holding there end of the deal up
They said the diverter valve was us and the boiler was furred up but it was inspected for the insurance 3 weeks ago
We have the platinum of which is supposed to cover everything but my misses is having arguments with them bu in the mean time we have the issues with the boiler
Thanks fo replying

Worse thing in the world I googled it and went from there
Looked at a few forums and they mostly said the diaphragm and the sensor of which were cheap fixes,the pcb was £50 from eBay from a company in Wembley of which is guaranteed

You replaced these parts? Scale and sludge isn't covered in any home policy from the big companies. Why should it!

Yes I replaced these parts the system is not scaled or slugged up.it was checked the other week by the Scottish gas engineer,and we recently have had the whole system flushed as had radiators fitted back in November

So why is a Scottish engineer saying it's furred/clogged up?

The engineer did not even strip anything out as I said I don't trust them
There have been a lot of problems with them if you google Scottish gas .
But it still does not help me with this problem of no hot water :cry:

Out of the 3 parts you have fitted it could only possibly have been one of them so god knows what advise you have read.
IF the red neons are going all the way up before the boiler cuts off then your plate heat exchanger is scaled up remove it and clean it with brick acid or spirit of salts .
Do search it has been explained in here loads and loads of time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back