Potterton 28 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all :D

I have a 3 year old potterton 28 combi boiler. In the last few days i have noticed a small water leak (maybe 20 ml a day) apparently coming from inside the boiler at the bottom midway between the hinges of the small control panel cover, mostly clear but with some orange "sludge" in it. There is a small black metal plate held by two small screws that appears to be where the drops of water are exiting. I guess it's hard to diagnose but does it sound something simple as i know a local plumber quite well but he isn't corgi registered. I also have boiler cover but it only covers faults to the pump etc that cause the boiler to "stop working properly" so i'm not sure if i'd be covered for a leak. Can anyone make any suggestions about how to proceed . Many thanks for any ideas :confused:

Sponsored Links
You dont have to be CORGI registered to deal with most water leaks in a boiler.

There are many places where a boiler can leak and I dont know where your is leaking. Statistically from the DHW flow switch gland.

You could try removing the front cover and looking yourself if you feel competent to do that.

Alternately call a boiler engineer but ask the likely price first. In London we would charge our standard diagnostic fee of £84 plus any parts needed perhaps abouter £10 or so but that would include a service.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back