Water leaking when boiler cools down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Worcester 24i RSF-L It's been loosing pressure through the PRV and the last few days I've also noticed a pool of water under the boiler. On removing the boilers front cover then opening the metal cover (held in place by four screws) I noticed to the right of the heat exchanger a brass type valve? bearing the number 4301 with a small internal threaded hole on top water from the cistern is leaking from this. Does any of you guys know what this is and it's not linked in any way to the gas or electrics of the boiler is it easy to replace? I'll replace the PRV as a precaution
Many Thanks for reading this rather long essay

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm affraid that by removing that metal cover (4 screws) you've already touched the combustion side of things.

We don't give out gas/combustion related advice to DIYers on this site, for obvous reasons, but from what you've described you have a simple fault that any RGI will sort out for maybe £60 or so. He'll also be able to do all the relevant gas/combustion checks necessary.

You can change the PRV yourself but get someone in to repair that fault and refit the combustion case.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back