potterton titanium 28 boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I'm a new homeowner and looking for some boiler help.

I noticed today that my potterton titanium 28 boiler wouldn't start due to low pressure. When I opened it up to find out what may be the issues I was a small drip/leak from a plastic screw(?) behind the pump.

I gave the screw/valve thing a turn with a pair of pliers and the drip seemed to stop.

My issue is I don't know if I've solved this issue or if what I've done is a temporary fix that won't last more than a day or two. I'd really appreciate some advice on what may have caused the leak and how to fix it. I had a quick look through some of the boiler manuals but couldn't find any information on it.

I've attached a few pictures of the area where the leak was to hopefully help.

Sponsored Links
That is an automatic air vent,should expel air and not water. So its probably in need of renewing.

Hi, thanks for your response.

Is that an easy job to do or something you should usually get a professional in to do?

Get a pro in.
Have a go yourself if you are brave

Sponsored Links
very common for them to leak, if it has stopped leaking with the plastic valve seal screwed in, I wouldnt worry about it, just remember that if you drain the boiler for any reason, when re filling you will have to open the valve again until water comes out then close it again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back