Potterton 30 HE Combi hot water problem

LOC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently obtaining my gas evidence for ACS exam. My boss is Gas Safe reg'd and he's set me the task of trying to solve the following problem that we've been called out to today.

Customer has following problem. Boiler works fine on winter setting - heating and water kicking in on demand. However, when switched to summer setting the bolier won't provide hot water when hot water tap opened. I've checked the diverter valve operation and this seems all ok when in Winter mode. The plunger makes contact with the micro switch and completes the sequence providing HW. There's no movement of the diverter valve plunger/spindle in winter mode.

Assuming therefore that the actual mechanicals of the diverter/switch sequence is ok, would the problem be at the actual winter/summer mode switch?

Hope I've described this enough to make sense to someone. Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Sponsored Links
Will you be telling your boss you've come here for advice ?
What have you done so far to try and diagnose the problem? or is this your first step?

He suggested I try this site for possible answers.

Searching or answers/troubleshooting online generally, but this is pretty much the first step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back