Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a problem with your combi boiler and was wondering if anyone might have an idea what the problem is. We've got an ideal esprit he30 boiler.

It's only started acting weird a couple of days ago but now when on winter mode whatever the programmer and thermostat are set to the radiators all get very warm. The only way I can turn the heating off is to go to summer mode.

There's no error messages, when it winter mode it displays 'c' with the boiler light on. When in summer mode with no hot water demand is just says '0'.

Any ideas what might be wrong. I'm not going to touch the boiler myself I was just wondering what might be wrong.

Cheers,
Paul

Sponsored Links
programmer and thermostat are set to .....? the "c" on the display means there is a call for central heating.

When the heating is on and it shouldn't be the programmer is set to off and the thermostat is set the minimum.

frost stat or pcb fault but its impossibe to be sure without being in front of your boiler

Sponsored Links
frost stat o

Thanks. Randomly last night I tried turning if off summer mode and back onto winter mode and it seems to be functioning normally again. I'll keep an eye on it. I do wonder if the frost stat could have been causing the issue.

Ok so this problems has come back. Hall thermostat set to minimum, heating turned off but all the radiators are on! Only way I could turn the central heating off was to turn the boiler off then switch it back on in summer mode. As soon as you switch it back to winter mode the heating comes on. Any ideas how I might be able diagnose the problem? Boiler is an Ideal Esprit HE30 combi boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back