Potterton 30HE Fan/Flue fault? (Pic on Page 2)

So on the 6th visit the prblem seems to have been fixed.

A new APS has been fitted and seems to have cured the problem after all :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hope for your sake it is, but 2 min check to confirm switch which should have been done first visit.

Thats a prime example of the very poor service some insurance scheme customers have to put up with by very substandard contractors who do very poor quality work and often make up excuses of needing certain parts which take a week to get just to give them some time to keep up with the busy workload at peak times.

Clearly this is a situation he should not have been placed in but it will be difficult for him to get it improved or claim any compensation from the scheme provider for the totally unecessary delay in fixing a relatively simple boiler fault unless he complains by LETTER. He might get the annual fee returned.

Very few customers ever complain in writing so they assume everything is fine!

Tony

I am currently under a call out scheme with Endsleigh Insurance in line with my household insurance. But your right, i have very little control over the engineer work unless i want to stump up the extra cost from my own pocket.

Hi,

I was reading this and was interesting to hear.

I had a similar problem with my boiler (seems the snow last night was a tough one for my performa) and this morning it wasn't working. I called out a gas engineer who was able to fix it, but told me that he would need to replace the air pressure switch or it will probably conk out again.

He said he was charging £115 to replace the air pressure switch including the service - however I have looked it up online and it seems like the switch only costs £20.

Is this right? As well the engineer isn't paying VAT as its under the table. Is it really necessary to replace the APS ( I am assuming it is but would be good to be sure) and is this a reasonable cost to replace a part that is £20?

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Just posting again so this is in the results. Does anyone think this is reasonable / not?

You call out an engineer on a Sunday when the roads are covered in snow and travelling takes longer and also risks accidents!

You then complain about paying what I see as a very reasonable charge.

On a normal Sunday I would have charged £94 to come and diagnose the problem.

I dont know if its necessary to replace the APS as I have not seen your boiler. If it was then I would charge an extra £28.

Tony

Crikey- I wasn't complaining just querying it. I don't have that much experience with this.

Anyways, the plumber was .3 miles away from me according to yell.com so the drive wasn't too bad; and as you say it was icy and therefore very cold in my house with our boiler not working.

So this is a reasonable charge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back