Potterton 40e boiler won't switch off automatically

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a friend with a Potterton 40 e boiler on a gravity fed system. For some reason the boiler now stays on constantly and can only be turned off by setting the boiler thermostsat to zero. They have had someone in who suggested replacing the timer control panel but this has failed to cure the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the boiler stat is gone I rekkin

the timer wont have nowt to do with it. out of interest why did you think it might?

the boiler stat is gone I rekkin

the timer wont have nowt to do with it. out of interest why did you think it might?

Thanks for the reply Corgiman.
If the boiler stat is gone would it still turn off the boiler when set to zero? A previous thread mentioned a faulty motorised valve micro-switch, any thoughts on this?
The timer was previously changed by a plumber who thought that it might cure the problem.

yes cos setting the stat to 0 is effectivley turning the stat off manually

:)

Sponsored Links
yes cos setting the stat to 0 is effectivley turning the stat off manually

:)

Boiler stat is shot as CM said. Check M/vlvs aswell

Boiler stats do fails to shut boiler off on profiles on ZERO sometimes.

Change stat and than look at valves if problem persists.

CM knows his stuff!

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back