Potterton Netaheat Profile 40e Tripping! PROBLEM Plz HELP

won't hurt turning pump speed up a notch.

I think the reason the plumber turned the pump down to 2, was that the water was hot in the loft header tank?

Will turning the pump up to 2 not cause this or any other problem? and could it be the reason the last Rad isn't getting hot when the others are open.

I'll wait for you expert reply, before doing anything else.

Thanks m8

Sponsored Links
picking through the bones of whats been said,
pump failure, locking out, poor circulation & pumping over (poss). I would be suspecting a fouled system and further investigation required.
Adding some chemical cleaner to system won't hurt.

picking through the bones of whats been said,
pump failure, locking out, poor circulation & pumping over (poss). I would be suspecting a fouled system and further investigation required.
Adding some chemical cleaner to system won't hurt.

Hi Heatingman,

When the system was bled, the water ran clear.

Should it be okay to put the pump Grunfos pump up to number to. We are on a 3 bed house with 6-7 Rads?

Is speed 2 the norm?

Thanks again

EN4

turn up pump speed, and check vent pipe over header tank is not discharging/dripping.
If not dripping give it a whirl, if its dripping/flowing your system needs further investigation.

Sponsored Links
turn up pump speed, and check vent pipe over header tank is not discharging/dripping.
If not dripping give it a whirl, if its dripping/flowing your system needs further investigation.

Turned up to position 2, no dripping, but the water in the tank was very hot. The last Rad still didn't get hot. The only way to get the last Rad hot is to turn all the others off.

Any more ideas??

Thanks for all you help m8

omg...! your system need balancing...

start with the smallest rads first, turn off the locksheild valve a small amount untill the rad gets hot.

do this with a few rads.

did the repair guy touch the valves on the rads?

start with the smallest rads first, turn off the locksheild valve a small amount untill the rad gets hot.

do this with a few rads.

No valves were touch at all. System bled and any air removed from top to bottom rads. No air in the system now. Just the problem I described above! :(

do this with a few rads.

No valves were touch at all. System bled and any air removed from top to bottom rads. No air in the system now. Just the problem I described above! :(

yes...?

and its balancing... try what i said.

• Thanks
Reactions: EN4

do this with a few rads.

yes...?

and its balancing... try what i said.

By doing that, could I run the risk of springing a leak? :eek:

i cant see how...??

unless the valves are in such poor condition, they look ike they are going to leak?

if you can turn off radiators to get the cold radiator hot, then you need to restrict the flow of hot water to the other radiators to force it into the cold one..... make sense?

i cant see how...??

unless the valves are in such poor condition, they look ike they are going to leak?

if you can turn off radiators to get the cold radiator hot, then you need to restrict the flow of hot water to the other radiators to force it into the cold one..... make sense?

yeah... But what about if I open the cold rad up by a few notches first to see if that works? Or not?

also one of the first rads on the system seems to stay hot even when closed.. Could this have any bearing?

many thanks

en4

if the cold rad gets hot (without adjusting anything) when you turn the others off.... again ITS BALANCING..!!

if you dont want to do it, thats up to you, get a plumber in who can, or live with a cold rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back