potterton back boiler centeral heating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I need help to try find a solution to my central heating. I have a potterton back boiler fitted was here when I bought the house. the programmer is the controller for heating and hot water and I have 2 thermostats 1 for the hot water and 1 for the heating. Everything works for the hot water including water pump and boiler but nothing works for the heating. The programmer lights up when the heating is on but nothing registers can someone help. P.S I have replaced the programmer same result.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a motorised valve? Like a silver or white box above or side of pipe? Or 3 port motorised valve? Usually in the airing cupboard?

Daniel.

Yeah very similar but I don't think it's the valve. As the pump doesn't switch on, the boiler doesn't fire up and the actuator doesn't move when I turn the heating on but it all works when the hot water turns on.

Sponsored Links
Ok, so what do you reckon it might be? You seem to be the expert here. I'm out. Read up on how zone valves work. :rolleyes:
Your description of the fault points entirely to the zone valve. You've wasted money on a programmer. Guessing gets expensive.

Motorised valve need to move to heating port first when calling for heat, then pump and boiler will come on.

Hot water work because it does not need to move valve.

Sound like faulty motor.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back