Potterton Boiler doesn't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?? We bought a Barratt home in 2001 and it had a Potterton Suprima boiler fitted. About 3 months ago the boiler stopped working. i have tried pressing the reset button, the light turns to green, clicks & flashes for about 10 seconds, then it all shuts down again and the light returns to red. I have tried turning the mains power off and on again, which worked the 1st time but now doesn't make any difference. It may be a coincidence but the water pipes in the house now make an annoying humming noise - especially when the hot water is turned on and the water gets hot.

Now the house has no heating, and a loud water system! Does anyone know what the problem is and how i can fix it?

Sponsored Links
Suprima boiler problem is almost certainly down to a defective printed circuit board.Potterton have a new board, complete with wiring harness.Check previous threads on this boiler,it will take you a few hours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back