potterton boiler flame failure

Why you not listen ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Benny Hill was a wise man. Looks like Mohamad does not want to go to the mountain.

Some people are offered good advise but sometimes there is a short circuit where this good advise does not enter the correct sector in the brain so the goldfish keeps going round in circles..

Sponsored Links
...Some people are offered good advise but sometimes there is a short circuit where this good advise does not enter the correct sector in the brain
Yes, indeed.
This medical condition seems to be particularly prevalent amongst a certain approximately 53% of the population.
Even more so when they are blonde. :rolleyes:

the fault report from the the original visiting engineer said the following:

Hot water thermistor leaking
PCB constantly requires reset.

(

Those are just observations on the symptoms and NOT a diagnosis of the causes.

For example the thermister probably just needed tightening up or resealing with some PTFE tape.

Tony
Ok, but I was told by the npower subcontractors that I would need to change the thermistor/PCB to resolve the problem.

If N-power said those bits WILL cure the problem for £280 then just go for it. If they don't then I can't imagine them charging you for their miss-diagnosis.

Sponsored Links
im tempted in doing that. however since having the thermistor installed, behavoiur has changed slightly. now the pcb doesnt reset anymore when the heating & hot water are being used at the same time.
what happens now is, the temperature of the boiler drops to 50degrees on the LED display and holds there. when this happens the boiler makes a much louder noise than under normal operation. strangely the gas meter also makes a much much louder noise at the same time this behavoiur happens with the boiler!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back