Flame Failure on Potterton Performa 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to see if anyone on this forum can help with my problem.

Our Performa 28i keeps giving us a flame failure when set to Rads/Taps. We can stand there and reset it endless times but with the same result. After leaving it for a few hours sometimes it will stay alight but as soon as the Rads need more heat or the hot taps are turned on then off we get the flame failure.

If I reset the system and switch it straight over to Taps only the boiler if fine and heats the tap water everytime!

Someone has mentioned that it could be the PCB board (part number 248074), but I have had a look at that and nothing seems a-miss. Before I go and spend £85.00 on a new PCB board, which I will not be able to return if it's not the cause of the problem. Can anyone suggest anything else it could be or if it is looking like the PCB board can I get fully working one any cheaper?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I would expect that the problem is caused by a mis set minimum gas rate.

However this would normally need to be checked and set by a competent CORGI. I am often surprised by how many dont know how to do it properly!

Tony

Primus said:
Our Performa 28i keeps giving us a flame failure ....

Someone has mentioned that it could be the PCB board (part number 248074), but I have had a look at that and nothing seems a-miss.
quote]

You'll be dissappointed if you did buy this PCB, 28i part number 248731

Follow Agiles advise and get the low gas setting checked

Burner Pressure (Natural Gas - G20)

Max Rate 12.5 ± 0.5mbar
Min Rate 1.8 ± 0.2mbar

Sponsored Links
I also encountered a wrong PCB part listing on a Main ( another Pott/Baxi name ).

In trying to decide which it really was I ended up looking at the pictures in the manuals after Potty Tech apparently did not have proper info on the Main brands.

I then discovered that the line drawing pictures in the MI were not usually specifically the actual PCB in that boiler!

I really was totally on my own and only eventually got comfirmation of what was really needed from an engineer in the know whom a Potty salesman knew.

Agile said:
I would expect that the problem is caused by a mis set minimum gas rate.

However this would normally need to be checked and set by a competent CORGI. I am often surprised by how many dont know how to do it properly!

Tony

A big thank you to you Tony.

The min gas rate has been adjusted and the heating is running 100%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back