potterton boiler not getting hot water just warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a potterton performa 28 that has a temp guage that never goes above 50 degrees on the control panel when the dials are turned to max.

The hot water gets hot and then cold again. the radiators get warm but not hot.

from reading around on the site I think it could be the heat exchanger, does that sound likely and is it something i can look at sorting ?

cheers

Sponsored Links
If you mean the plate heat exchanger (as this is often the cause of hot/cold hw), unlikely if the CH is affected as well. It could be one of a few different things but just from what you've said and without being there to observe and test, I'd go for primary NTC.

Where in Kent are you?

Ha ha! That's where I'm from! In Rochester at the mo but moving back to the 'gate in the new year. Down most weekends.

Yeah, you could give it a whirl. Like I say, it could be one of few things but without being in front of the boiler it's hard to be sure. It's the one on the pipe on the left.

Sponsored Links
Great, Part ordered.

Will give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Been a bit hectic and the part didnt arrive yet but will fit it after xmas mayhem and let you know

Cheers

The boiler now gets up to 70 degrees and turning down a lot of the radiators on the top floor the rest of the house warms up nicely.

The boiler makes some banging noises occasionally and the pressure guage wobbles when that happens but much better now

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back