Potterton combi 80

Bmt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central heating now working ok after a I eventually told the heating engineer that I thought the problem was the diverter valve ( after advise from people on this forum) so he replaced it, this whole episode has cost me a total of £697 £180 for the replacement pump ( experts origonal diagnosis) £300 for power flush ( another experts diagnosis ) £217 for replacement diverter valve and yet another pump, apparently the way the boiler was recirculating straight through the boiler damaged the pump ??? and we are all advised not to do it ourselves (by experts) anyway thanks for all your help. By the way does anybody out there know where I can buy just the wax module for this Potterton combi 80 (Puma) diverter valve ? so I can recon the origonal valve ready for the next time.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
New diverter valve and/or wax capsule in it.

That was on the 18th December!

I am sorry that you have been the victim of poor quality engineers. Unfortunately anyone can set up in business without any ability to diagnose faults at all!

Even a personal recommendation can go wrong because someone totally hopeless can come within 30 minutes and find the fan jammed without any needing any diagnostic skill. They then get a good recommendation because they came quickly and by luck found the fault immediately.

The real quality engineers are those who can consistently find difficult faults! But they are often in demand and cannot always come immediately or often for a few days!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back