POTTERTON COMBI 8O-YES IT'S STILL GOING

Hi,

Turned off mains water this morning and initially it done the same thing only for a couple of times though. Then flame light stayed on for ages and rads heated a lot faster than had been doing.

Turned mains water back on and then boiler reverted back to only flaming for about 45 secs at a time.

It's been on now for about 6-7 hrs(with mains water on) and it seems to be operating normally i.e. flame light staying on for ages(all rads are on max as running cleaner through system)

I realise i've been a bit thick in previous posts and you might be getting a bit bored of this but could the diverter valve "correct" itself when boiler has been on for a while.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The diverter valve will be more likely to move to the CH position when the heating has been on for a while and is hotter.

You have demonstrated that you have a leak in your hot water pipework after the boiler !!!

[ Also that you had a nupty engineer who told you it was sludged up, the clear water is a good clue! ]

Tony

The diverter valve will be more likely to move to the CH position when the heating has been on for a while and is hotter.

You have demonstrated that you have a leak in your hot water pipework after the boiler !!!

[ Also that you had a nupty engineer who told you it was sludged up, the clear water is a good clue! ]

Tony

Tony,

Again, thanks for response. Can you explain how I have demonstrated leak in hot water pipework after the boiler?

Thought it was just the diverter valve was faulty?

There sending another engineer on Wednesday and I'd like to be prepared.

Cheers.

Read what you have been told a few more times!

Then look for the leak!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Read what you have been told a few more times!

Then look for the leak!

Tony

Tony,

You beat me to it. Realised I was being thick again after I posted reply. Diverter valve is probably ok. It is hot water leak causing cold water to drip onto valve.

Thanks for your patience/replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back