Potterton Envoy 50 - Flashing Big C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

I am hoping someone on this forum maybe able to help me diagnose the problem with my boiler

Please try to include info on:

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
Potterton Envoy 50

2) What is / is not happening.
The boiler was working this morning when I left the house - however it sounded like water was going through the boiler which is the first time I have heard this.

When i came home the house was cold. the heating was switched on but the boiler has a flashing (big) C.

I tried to reset the boiler as per instructions however the boiler made a very very unhealthy sounds hence I have turned it off.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done or changed recently.
Not to my knowledge

4) When did the problem start?
Today. No known issues before today

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off.
As per above

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance.
Recently the boiler did struggle to come on in the morning ( eg heating seemed to start a little later - despite same settings )

Any help is appreciated

Sponsored Links
1. Does it sound like a washing machine.
2. Does flame light for short period.

Proballay trap or sump blocked. Report back please. :D

Hello Poxi, very many thanks for your help/response. It is much appreciated

1. Does it sound like a washing machine.

Absolutely. This is exactly what it sounds like

2. Does flame light for short period.

I am not exactly sure as I cannot see a light. However it sounds like it keep trying to light, maybe catches light and then does the same again after about a minute

Proballay trap or sump blocked. Report back please. :D

Take syphon out if confident (Fan will have to come out) catch water in a small container as you undo syphon nut at the bottom of the sump..When out check bottom of the sump outlet is not completely blocked with alloy deposits. Clean out syphon (Undo roding eye)..Put back and test..Any probs come back.

Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for the reply Poxi. It is very much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back