Potterton Envoy Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I came home today to find a puddle under my boiler, I made a few phone calls to plumbers and was told high prices and days away to look at it, so thought I would have a look myself.

In the attatched picture is the bottom of the boiler which was full with water up to the lip and then spilling out over the edge. No where can I see water dripping down or leaking from anywhere everything is bone dry except at the bottom.

The back left of the picture the syphon which is yellow colour I suspect is where the water is coming from.

Any suggestions to confirm this and fix?

Thanks

new.jpg

Sponsored Links
You might want to read the Sticky posts at the top RE: Diy gas work, you shouldnt even have the cover off such a boiler.

Wont get much help here

you have compromised the room sealed chamber, i would suggest you get a rgi.
I suspect the bit thats leaking may well be obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys I did read the sticky didnt quite understand it all as just to take the cover off I didnt think was me touching the gas stuff.

I will call a plumber in the morning...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back