Potterton Envoy 40 trouble ....please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a potterton envoy 40 (duh)! and on sunday the fan broke down, out came plumber and replaced fan. noticed boiler took about 45 minutes to re-light kept coming up t. and then waiting 5 minutes and trying to light again but it did light in the end.
On Monday night the fuse blew I replaced it but the system took about 2 hours to relight again with the t. business...
Wednesday the plumber comes back and replaces the iginiton chamber (hse)? everything fine untill again the fuse blew.....

Could this be caused by a leak? was thinking a small leak in the boiler (Envoy 40 is an condensing boiler, so I know the waste is corrosive) could have done in the fan and if still leaking could it still be causing problems???

any advice would be great......

Sponsored Links
sounds like condense has almost certainly got into wiring or onto fan best advice is to call heateam part of baxi/potterton group for one off repair because it sounds like potentially expensive fix also with heateam you get a 1 year warranty

if this boiler hasn't received some top notch tlc in the last few years then it will probably need a few bits that are prone to fail and cause condense leaks. A potterton fixed price repair would probably be a good deal as I'd be looking to turn up at your door with the following.
Burner/sump seal
Burner/sump support brackets
flue gator
burner seal
condense/sump conecting hose
insulation pads X4
glow coil ignitor
sensing electrode

I wouldn't be too surprised if you genuinely need everything on that list!

Sponsored Links
if a butterfly has flown past recently you will need the small plastic screw in the flue outlet too.

LMAO! bloody butterflies one flap of the wings and they total my boiler and cause hurricanes hundreds of miles away! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back