Potterton envoy lights but won't stay lit- advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Well, after searching this forum i realise that the boiler in our flat is a lemon. Its a potterton envoy flowsure+ 50.

It starting acting up yesterday. The pressure dropped to zero bar yesterday from about 0.9 bar which it had been stable at for 18 months since we serviced it when we moved in here.

I topped it back up to 1 bar on the gauge using the filling loop- and thought I'd cracked when I reset and the thing fired up- ignition, gas on, burner lit- two seconds later the burner shut down with a lock out code of b00. The pump overruns for 1 minute, then it attempts to light again. Same thing. Over and over- it doesnt lock out permanently. Looking at the manual code b00 doesnt exist- nor does L19 which is the other stored code. So much for on board diagnostics! :?:

After about 10 cycles the burner finally stays on - all the rads are warm and there is hot water now.

I repeated the same cycle this evening.

I called two plumbers (should that be heating engineers?) one who said he wouldnt touch it and the other who told me to call heateam who are apparently Potterton. Its £295 for a fixed price repair with a 12 month guarantee from Potterton- :cry:

Can anyone offer any good advice?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back