POTTERTON ENVOY F CODE / NOT IGINITING THOUGHTS PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I serviced a friends Potterton Envoy about a month ago and he is now reporting that it keeps locking out "F" code.
Im due to go back to take a look but could do with a few opinions as im new to Gas work. (First year)
The main suggestion i have had so far is check that the igniter is not wet. The first complaint was that it did not come on first thing in the morning, then after a restart it worked. However now im led to believe it is more often, which i think is coinciding with the bad rain fall.
My thoughts are that it is rain coming in through the flue however i would appreciate advise if anyone has any.

Regards Neil

Sponsored Links
The normal fault for this code is the the hot surface ignitor is dead. CORGI job I reckon

:)

I am corgi registered so fitting is no problem, would this fault be intermitent if the igniter was dead?
Is there a possibilty the igniter could be on its last legs or is this unlikely

Must say that I have not seen that is gone and comes back on again

if your are an RGI why dont you post this in the combustion chamber forum?

during ignition can you see a glow in the sight glass?

as for water going down the flue during the rain, well its a condensing boiler and has water going down the flue all the time so that wont kill it

could be a block condensate trap, when this happens on these heaps it floods around the fan

Sponsored Links
I wasnt aware of the combustion chamber forum is it part of this forum or another site?

I am going to check 2moro although during the service everything seemed ok. (ignition ok etc..)

I really just needed some starting points so thanks again.

What do you mean "these are sods?" Do you mean the Envoy? I have a few BG friends who i did my training with they also said these are a nightmare.

It makes no difference if trap blocks as all the condensate leaks fropm the poxy seals ! ;)

What do you mean "these are s***s?" Do you mean the Envoy? I have a few BG friends who i did my training with they also said these are a nightmare.

If you are going to touch one of these you need to get every seal, you will need it.

Awful things :evil:

as for water going down the flue during the rain, well its a condensing boiler and has water going down the flue all the time so that wont kill it

I may be wrong here but doesnt condensate only go down one section of the flue? Which leads to the condensate trap. The other leads directly to the combustion chamber.

Is this right?

It makes no difference if trap blocks as all the condensate leaks fropm the poxy seals ! ;)

Oh yes that happens everytime mate.. NOT lmao

I cannot tell you how many fans I have had to replace on these due to flooded chambers

I may be wrong here but doesnt condensate only go down one section of the flue? Which leads to the condensate trap. The other leads directly to the combustion chamber.

Is this right?

no not really

condesation will occur in the flue and will lead to the sump, so rain water will too go to the sump etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back