Potterton Flowsure....not lighting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, there are a few of these posts about Pottertons and the summary is that the circuit boards and electrics are a little shoddy!?

My boiler has done sterling service for about 2 years...but then it just stopped.

1) Potterton Flowsure Envoy (8 years old?)

2) Not lighting, various messages on the display. Numerical and letter 'codes': Last Block Failure etc.

3) No changes made or 'touched' recently

4) Died about 3 months ago.....then came back to life. Just switched it off at the mains whilst trying to get a 'man' round. There was no pilot light, various falshing codes that made no sense. And then, flicked the switch...and it was back on again.

Is there something I can do to check what is 'wrong' this time - or does this need a professional service?

Sponsored Links
The usual fault is '30' then below it a 'b'.

Which according to the dire instructions means 'last blocking error'

Can you explain what you mean by rebooting? I have turned the mains off/on etc as per the relighting intructions with no effect.

This boiler is fitted with a single digit display which is located in the front control box behind the hinged door

What is this displaying?

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply.

The display is showing, when the power is turned on, 30, then below it 'b'

These boilers have a reputation for being unreliable. However an estate of about 70 flats was built in our area and we have not been called to any of them yet.

I would expect you will need a competent engineer to sort it out for you.

As always I would ask when you last had it serviced?

Condensing boiler do need an annual service!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back