Potterton EP2000 Programmer replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an old Brown Potterton EP2000 central heating/hot water programmer. However, I wish to update this as I can only switch on CH/HW at the same time or one at a time. Also, the writing on the control panel is almost invisible as it has been operational for over 25 yrs!

I need a direct replacement for my existing model. I have been looking at the various Potterton models and I think the EP6002 would suit me best as it provides for independent heating and hot water control at different times. However, this model only works with a fully pumped system. I am not fully sure whether my system is fully pumped system.

My sysytem basically consists of a Potterton conventional type boiler, a pump, a 3 port diverter valve (Honeywell V4073A1039), a hot water cylinder (which is directly above the boiler), hot water stat, room stat, CH header tank and large water tank in loft.

Can anyone help with the following questions:

1) Is my type of system a fully pumped system?

2) Would the Potterton EP6002 programmer be a direct replacement for
my existing EP2000 model without the need for wiring alterations?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Benny.

Sponsored Links
Yes ure system is fully pumped,not sure whethe exactly straight swap but would b easy 2 change neway,make a note of the live,neutral and earth connections then u should have hot water off wire,hot water on wire and central heating on wire.wiring diagram will b on back of programmer.just note the wire colours

Yep fully pumped and 6002 will fit straight on to back plate without alteration

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back