Potterton EP2000 to Tado V3+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to upgrade my controls to the wireless version. Bought this kit

To replace a Potterton EP2000, Satchwell TL35 (I think, looking at pictures, although mine has 4 wires, blue, green/yellow, yellow and black which doesn't seem awfully common).

Tado have only included 3 Wagos to decom the old wired stat, can I terminate 2 different colours safely in one?

Then behind the programmer there are a sea of wires. The black stat wire doesn't seem to make it back to the programmer along with the blue and yellow wires, is that normal?!

Can I ask for some help mapping the Potterton terminals to the Tado terminals please, the Tado instructions make it seem extremely simple but I appear to have a lot more wires to deal with?

Do I need to choc block the stat wires at this end as well?

Thanks in advance

IMG_20220906_171012.jpg

IMG_20220906_165856.jpg

Sponsored Links
Colours aren’t common in a heat system. You can probably decommission the room thermostat and just use the L and N, Heating On and Hot water On from the programmer. Hard to tell if you have hot water off, because that’s usually terminal 1. I think terminal 5 is linked live wires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back