Potterton EP2000 wiring query re:connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have found a similar question but no answer, so my question is this - I hope simple to a person in the know!

I am replacing my EP2000 (very old) programmer to a new location only 1 metre from it's current location with a Drayton Tempus 7 unit.

I'm very DIY savvy but my existing wiring has no connection to pin 2 inside the EP2000 which is CH off. Everything else I understand.

When I wire in the new Tempus 7 will it require a connection to pin 2 for CH off (wiring is identical for both old and new units).

In addition to this - for extending the cables, what Amp rating cable should I use?

Any help appreciated greatly.

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Just wire it in as the old one. Its for an older style motor valve, yours presumably are spring return.

also rob

Rob,
thank you very much for your assistance.
Any suggestions as to the type/amps of cable used to extend the existing wiring?

Thanks again.

Rob.

Sponsored Links
rhbmcse said:
Rob,
thank you very much for your assistance.
Any suggestions as to the type/amps of cable used to extend the existing wiring?

Thanks again.

Rob.

0.75mm2 flex, heat resistant if near heat source

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back