Potterton EP2001 controller gone haywire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I am new so please be patient
I have been getting a new kitchen fitted over the last few weeks and my central heating controller has gone haywire.
The power has been switched off many times at the mains as new socket were going in.
After the first few switch offs of the mains, the controller had a problem with the clock in that it only counted up a minute for every 20odd minutes in real time. No big deal as I still was able to boost the heating and water etc. Then after a couple of days it sorted itself out and the clock timing was normal.Excellent I thought!
Then after another few days of switching off the power a few times, my controller has chucked another wobbly. Now, it can tell the time, but instead of showing the usual two options for the switch on and off during the day, it shows three. Great I thought , but not so.
The adv and select buttons are not working on the heating side, and even though the buttons work on the water side, the controller is not even trying to spark the boiler to heat water or do the heating. I know it is not the water pump as I had that replaced last year.

It looks like the software has gotten confused, but I see no re-set button.
Any ideas before I buy a new controller?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back