Potterton fire - pilot not lighting - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have searched for an answer to this and haven't found anything. So I'm resorting to asking, I hope you don't mind.

I have a Potterton Mainflame Super (black) fire (GC 32-393-01), and the pilot light will not light. If i take the front off, i can light the pilot with a lighter, so I assume it is the piezo spark generator, but the spark generator does indeed create a spark accross the mouth of the pilot nozzle. I have taken the spark generator pin off and sanded it, and sanded the nozzle of the pilot light incase corrosion was weakening the spark. I have tried bending the pin so that the spark is created in a different place, but the spark will not light the gas. When I light it with a flame, the gas definitely seems strong enough. So - is it just that the spark isn't strong enough? Do i need to order another piezo spark generator?

Oh yeah, it used to work, but progressively got worse until now when it wont light at all.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cheers,
Dan

Sponsored Links
Is the pilot assembly lint arrester (gauze filter) clean?

Otherwise get someone in to replace the pilot injector/ignition and carry out a full service.

If this is combined with a back boiler get the boiler checked annually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back