Potterton Flamingo 40 problems....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really hoping you can help. All my appliances are all ganging up on me and the boiler has decided it's time to play up.

i'm trying to relight my boiler. I've done it a few times in the past but can't seem to get it right this time. The programmer is calling for heat to the rads and the thermostat is set low.

When I push in the valve button I can't hear any gas coming through and I thought that I usually did. I do have gas at the hob.
When I push in the ignition button I don't get a spark. There is 230v at the boiler.

There is quite alot of work going on in the flat below is it possible they've disrupted the supply?

I appreciate your time,

Buzzbob

Sponsored Links
There's no one in at the moment. Do you think i should be able to hear the gas flowing when I press in the valve button?

turn the thermostat off, turn the grey gas button clockwise, wait 3 minutes and then try to light the pilot, again

Sponsored Links
Thanks Picasso. Fixed. I don't know why it wasn't working before. The boiler stat knob is a bit knackered so maybe I didn't have it properly turned off.

Who knows.

Cheers

If you dont wait a few minutes after your first try it will not allow any more gas through until after the delay.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back