Potterton Flamingo 50 pilot light cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. This morning I discovered I had no hot water. I found that the pilot light on my Potterton Flamingo 50 gas boiler had gone out. I reignited the pilot light but it cuts out after about 30 seconds.

If I select the hot water to 'on' upstairs and then reignite the pilot light the boiler fires up ok but again cuts out after 20-30 seconds. Having had a look around the forum could it be that a new thermocouple is required and this is something I could replace myself?
I had a new pump fitted last year.

Many thanks,

Julian
London,UK

Sponsored Links
Having had a look around the forum could it be that a new thermocouple is required and this is something I could replace myself?

Many thanks,

Julian
London,UK

No, not really.
When was the appliance last serviced?
Sounds like a blocked pilot to me, but I couldnt say for sure without seeing the boiler.
Could also be the Gas Valve. All is RGI territory to be honest.

David.

i agree herebriefly it proably needs a good service
but it may need one or more of following
thermocouple
piolt assembly
gas vavle
but have get gas safe engineer out to deceied

Sponsored Links
i agree herebriefly it proably needs a good service
but it may need one or more of following
thermocouple
piolt assembly
gas vavle
but have get gas safe engineer out to deceied
No offence meant,but please use the spell check before posting your replies :D

although it gave you advice on changing .
it missed out one important thing on this boiler the seal you disturbed and fibres floated into the air when you done this. Is made of asbestos . You have now breathed them in due to being right by the boiler.

So saved your self fifty quid but have now given yourself an early death ;) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back