Potterton Flowsure + CH Diverter Actuator not working

qq7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Potterton Flowsure + (yes, I can hear everyone departing at speed!)

The actuator is not opening the valve to turn on the CH when demanded (either on timer or switch to constant)

Also seem to suffer buildup of air and needs manually bleeding every week.

Have replaced the pump overrun stat and the boiler control stat. Expansion vessel also replaced as the previous one had gone, also replaced the actuator on the valve.

Have buzzed out the relay as per the wiring diagrams and it checks out. Stats also buzz out clear. One thing I see popping the multimeter on the diverer control outlet is puzzling me, 10V AC when the CH is directed OFF and 15V AC when the CH is directed on. Cannot see why the 230V inlet would become 10 or 15V? Also note that when I turn the boiler control stat to OFF the boiler still continues to work even though the stat checks out OK when tested with the DMM.

So, anyone got any ideas what may be wrong and how to get the CH value actuator working back on the timer?

Also where I may be getting the air into the system and why the boiler doesn't stop when the boiler control stat is turned to OFF?

Regards,

Chris.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back