potterton hideaway boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my Potterton 80,000 Hideaway is pumped CH gravity HW, it makes noises like kettling. I have had replaced the thermostat, added an automatic air bleed valve, looked in to the 8 ports and all seems clear, had the system descaled and fully flushed out hot. the thermostat sleeve in the boiler is clear. The flush out produced very little muck. All work done by Corgi Reg firm.

Should I look to replace the water jacket

Sponsored Links
look to replace the boiler for a new high efficancy one.boiler noise is caused by a scaled heatexchanger very hard to cure

Dont change the boiler!

CORGI engineers need to be safe with gas.

As far as plumbing, you need a reliable and competent tradesman. Why would a CORGI engineer do a better job than a good plumber?

The heat exchanger (or water jacket) may well need replacing after a system cleanse as if its pitted during manufacture, you will always suffer 'kettlling'

Upgrade the system but NOT the boiler, and find a reputable engineer to replace the heat ex if its shot.

David

Sponsored Links
Never heard of a Potty Hideaway you sure its not a Glowworm Hideaway?

If it kettles badly chemicals are unlikey to shift it (only a hammer and chissel).

Heat exchangers for a Hideaway are megabucks (as much as a new boiler)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back