potterton house warmer 45 lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have had a problem with my backboiler for a while now and its really getting me down. The back boiler keeps locking out. I have had the PCB changed, a new programmer, and a gas engineer look at the system. He says it must be the wiring that is wrong due to a previous mishap. I have had the wiring checked twice by an electrician, he is sure its a problem with the boiler.
The boiler ignites to keep the water warm, however, it never used to do this. When the water gets to temp, it locks out.
What i need to get to the bottom of, is why does the boiler keep igniting when it didnt previously, and why is it locking out.

Sponsored Links
From your post this seems a strange problem :confused:

Has anyone checked the boiler stat is working correctly? Could be locking out due to overheat :confused:

Has the pump been checked that it is working?

Quite strange what your saying. These boilers have had a problem with flame lift/pilot ignition due to air intake and no pilot shield that could cause the ignition problem you say? Further info required, ie is it gravity a hot water system?

Sponsored Links
sorry, forgot to mention, also had pump changed. It keeos igniting when clock is off, then locking out ( i presume when it gets to temperature)

Microswitch in motorised valve is possibly stuck giving power to boiler when it should not

so, im guessing that i should get gasman to change motorised valve then? i know i shouldnt ask prices but what range should i be looking at?

Probably best to post whne yuo aer claear what you are saynig? :LOL: Do a search on S plan valves and faults, if you can se

e.

BTW who did you get in to change and replace all them components?

I got a corgi registered gas engineer in to change all components, and an electrician to check wiring. I have the installation booklet and it doesnt say anything about a motorised valve on the back boiler.

Stop Stop. Let's make it simple FFS. You have a clock/timer for ch/hw yes, good?

Can you have ch on without hw via the clock/timer?

You need a new sparky then as you cant get much more basic than what you have. he is missing the basics

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back