Potterton Kingfisher 2 CF125 V4600T 1045 Gas Valve Failed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Potterton Kingfisher 2 CF125 which is in excellent condition except for the gas valve that failed a couple of weeks ago.
I've been looking for a replacement or an equivalent without much luck.
Can anyone here suggest an equivalent please?
I believe it's probably the solenoid that's actually failed.
I was hoping to keep this boiler for this winter, so any help would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
You sure you have the correct part no? According to Baxi Partsarena the gas valve is V4600C1086.

It also lists the following spares:

[code:1]
POTTERTON PART NO DESCRIPTION GC NO
904750 Mains Solenoid Operator V404A 396 693
904751 Servo Pressure Regulator 396 694
[/code:1]

Thank you for replying.

The Gas Valve is definitely a Honeywell V4600T 1045. The solenoid is V404A 1071.
I have it sitting on my desk here in front of me :)
Of course, it may have been replaced before I moved into the house.

I was given a V4600T 1060 (Baxi 241857) last week to try, but it didn't have the 1/2" BSP outlet I require. This valve is probably not a direct replacement anyway I guess?

If you are gas safe registered take this into the CC.....otherwise call out competant engineer.

D_Hailsham......is't best if you don't help individuals on here with critical gas safe issues/parts

Sponsored Links
D_Hailsham......it's best if you don't help individuals on here with critical gas safe issues/parts
I was not advising him how to do the job, just pointing out that the part number he quoted was not the same as in the Baxi Partsarena catalogue, (which is open to anyone to view, not just RGi's).

In any case it was obvious that the OP was doing a DIY job, otherwise he would not be asking the question. This was confirmed in his second post, when he said:
The Gas Valve is definitely a Honeywell V4600T 1045. The solenoid is V404A 1071.
I have it sitting on my desk here in front of me

Agreed but giving part numbers to a diyer??!! Gas valve at that!

Unless we stick to keeping advise to the 'safe' areas we are all on dangerous ground......and you didn't qualify your info with any suggestions of maybe this wasn't the best area for a diyer

LOL ... Thanks guys for helping to keep me safe. :oops:
I'm not really a DIYer, just someone who has served many years in various engineering professions.
I'll call on my Corgi registered heating engineer pal.
Cheers :cool:

Well, I replaced my faulty gas valve and it's still going strong after nearly 3 years and so am I for that matter!
Many thanks to D_Hailsham for the advice and sorry that you incurred the wrath of your fellow 'Gas Safe' experts.

D_Hailsham......it's best if you don't help individuals on here with critical gas safe issues/parts
I was not advising him how to do the job, just pointing out that the part number he quoted was not the same as in the Baxi Partsarena catalogue, (which is open to anyone to view, not just RGi's).

In any case it was obvious that the OP was doing a DIY job, otherwise he would not be asking the question. This was confirmed in his second post, when he said:
I have it sitting on my desk here in front of me

Well, I replaced my faulty gas valve and it's still going strong after nearly 3 years and so am I for that matter!

Might be going strong but is it working correctly? A gas valve has to be SET, so how could it be going strong as last thing that is done on a gas valve is soundness test and gas burner rate :eek:

LOL, here we go again. :LOL:
Fear not my friend. All set-up correctly at the time, tested and certified. :cool:

Might be going strong but is it working correctly? A gas valve has to be SET, so how could it be going strong as last thing that is done on a gas valve is soundness test and gas burner rate :eek:[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back