Potterton Kingfisher RSL100 Lockouts

Low system pressure? (apologies if this has already been mentioned)

Paul.

Sponsored Links
I did use thermal transfer paste and the pump is set to 2. The system runs using pumps rather than motor valves and at time of overheat, both the flow and return pipes are redhot.

the presure gage on the pressure vessel is set to 1 1/2 which I was told was about right?

thanks.

Right then its a problem with the boiler.

Unfortunately, it could be the PCB although in my experience thats less likley for this type of problem.

It could also be a gas valve problem, settings or faulty.

Since the PCB is quite expensive I would always eliminate all the other possibilities.

A simple one is to test the potentiometer but that does have to be done properly!

You may need to call out a registered engineer but with this kind of more difficult fault it will have to be a good one! Make sure its on a no fix-no fee basis!

Tony

thank you Tony. One thing I have noticed is that the system does have air in it.

I have tried to flush this into the rads to bleed it but should I be doing this with an open tap to feed the expansions tank?

Could my problem be an overheat when a large air bubble goes through the system?

Sponsored Links
How do you know there is air in the system?

What difference does it make when the pump is on "3" ?

You did not comment, or presumably do, the test on the potentiometer!

That needs to be eliminated from the list of possible problems.

Tony

If the flow and return get that hot then that would suggest poor circulation in system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back