Potterton Kingfisher RS50 - Pilot light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could you help please, the flame light (green) on my Kingfisher RS50 will not come on as a solid light. It makes a flickering noise and goes on and off constantly. This is on the front panel, next to the lock out button. I cannot see a lit pilot light through the small hole also. When I turn on the water the boiler makes a noise as if it is starting up, but no heat appears. Its the same if I knock on the central heating.

Sponsored Links
Green light on indicates pilot lit.

Therefore pilot may simply need cleaning/replacing.

This type of work should only be carried out by a Corgi registered person.

OK many thanks, do you know what sort of price I would be looking at for the part alone? Unless you could give me some idea of what a call out and price may be to replace such a part.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The pilot assembly may just need cleaning ( if you were lucky ).

But it could also be a failed PCB!

We would charge our standard diagnostic fee of £84 in our local London area but it might be a little cheaper in Leeds. That would cover cleaning the pilot assembly but a replacement PCB would be about £100 extra.

Many of these problems are avoided by getting the boiler properly serviced every year!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back